As most of you know, Conner is my baby. He and Aidan are about 18 months apart. I've noticed something about him- he has absolutely no fear! Last night, we took the boys to Granny and Papaw's so they could play on the farm. Granny and Papaw have a big play-set for the boys. Conner has become a very good climber; he could climb up the ladder on the play-set all day if someone would let him. Anyway, he fell off the top step of the ladder last night. Fell just like a potato sack straight to the ground. Praise God- he was ok. Tonight, when I was giving him a bath, I noticed he has a huge bruise on his ankle. I have no clue where that one came from. The child is a walking accident. He has only been on this Earth a mere 2 years and 2 months and already his little knees are scarred pink. Conner is fearless and unafraid. If YouTube is still around in 15 years, I guarantee you will be able to find one or more videos of Conner driving a 4-wheeler or some other motorized thing off the roof of our house.
Looking at my friend's children, I see this same pattern in their second child. I have one friend whose daughter practically lives in a cast. What is it about these children? Are they born with a natural tendancy to wreck havoc on their little bodies? Do they have a strong desire to assert their independence and individuality? Or do we as parents finally realize our children are not made of glass and stop hovering over them? I don't know the answer but I do know I will start buying Bactine by the case loads at Wal-mart.

No comments:
Post a Comment