I bought some fresh blueberries at the grocery store on Sunday. They are as close to perfect as one can get. They are luscious little dark blue-purplish orbs of sweet goodness, and I couldn't resist buying them for my little darlings. Yesterday morning, I got the bright idea of fixing my little angels buttermilk blueberry pancakes for breakfast. These aren't just any blueberry buttermilk pancakes...these are from scratch, secret recipe, made with nothing but a mama's love pancakes. And the fresh blueberries from North Carolina only makes them better. So I waltz into the kitchen ala Snow White and work to prepare my darling angels the very best blueberry pancakes. I swear a bluebird came and sang on my window sill while I fixed the blueberry goodness. I prepared the boys' plates and even topped the pancakes with some more blueberries because...hey, who doesn't like fresh blueberries? So in my best nightingale voice, I call the boys to the table for their wonderful, special breakfast. Oh silly me! What dream world was I living in!? Aidan came running into the dining room, took one look at his plate, crossed his arms and declared "Huh! I don't like that! That's YUCKY!" Ok, I took a deep breath and thought, that's just Aidan- he's my picky eater. Conner will love them. When Conner came running into the room, he immediately climbed into his seat and examined his plate. I let out a sigh of relief knowing that at least one of my children will enjoy the breakfast I worked so hard to prepare. However, as I turned to fill my coffee cup, I saw a small blue ball whiz across the room. I really can't explain what happened next. It's like a scene from a movie- I was standing still while all this chaos ensued around me: Conner and Aidan started smushing and throwing their blueberries! After what seemed like hours, I finally came to my senses and stopped the madness. Needless to say, they didn't get any breakfast (and I wasn't about to fix them anything else!). I don't know what's worse: their wild behavior or the fact that they wouldn't eat my homemade blueberry buttermilk pancakes! When it came time for breakfast this morning, I poured them cereal out of a box and opened a package of yogurt for them. And you know what? They ate every bit!
She's 7!
11 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment