Dear Dimples, Jiggles, and Fat Rolls-
This letter isn't easy for me to write but it has to be done. I wish I could do this another way but you just won't listen to me. I'm sorry but our relationship is over. Yes, we are so-over. This is it; I can't take it anymore. Let's face it - you're weighing me down. You've hung around way too long...and in places that don't need to be hanging. Yes, it's true: I needed you when I was pregnant with two 10 lb babies. Yes, I loved you then. You were warm and comforting. But I started to realize that something was wrong when you kept bringing extra friends over. I ignored it, just turned a blind eye to your antics and lies. Lies...oh, the lies you told. Lies that it's OK to eat that extra helping of lasagna, that it's OK to eat a bag of Sweet 16 powdered donuts, that baggy shirts are in style right now and will camouflage the kangaroo pouch that you call a stomach. I listened to you and now I have a closet full of clothes I can't wear. I miss my clothes!! You've kept me away from the lake, the pool, the track. And I can't take it anymore! There are too many miles to run, laps to swim, fireflies to help my boys chase. I can't do those things with you constantly at my hip. This is my final goodbye. Oh, I know I've said this before, but believe me, I am stronger now. I've already lost 15 pounds of you and now I'm working on 6 more. So get your bags packed, clear your things, get your junk out of my trunk and GO!! I'm better off without you!
Sincerely,
Lori
She's 7!
11 years ago

2 comments:
I love it! I'm doing it too. i followed a Couch Potato to 5K plan (google it) and now can run almost all of a 5k when I do it. There's a site called Daily Burn where I track everything (diet & exercise). Let me know if you want to do a 5K with me!!
Awesome! My friends at church have told me about the couch to 5K...I'll have to check it out because my goal is to run in 5K in the fall (either Buddy's Race for the cure or one of those breast cancer runs). Are there any before that you have checked into? If so, let me know and I'll run it with you!!
Post a Comment