Oh, yes, the potty chair has been looming over my head now like a bad raincloud...my evil arch nemesis. As Lucy's football is to Charlie Brown, so is the potty to me. I'm telling Aidan that when we sing "Happy Birthday" to him he should start using the potty. He's been obsessed with going to the bathroom with us for a long time now...there is nothing sacred in this house. He waves bye-bye to the water when we flush the potty. He has sat on his potty wearing his diaper first, then his bare bottom. He knows pee-pee and poo-poo go in the potty...just not his. I've read everything imaginable about how to teach a child to use the potty. I've toyed with the idea of buying the potty monkey (http://www.pottymd.com/PottyMonkey.asp) to help him since he likes Curious George. I've bought him Thomas the Train underpants. I guess the issue really lies within me. I'm not sure if I'm ready to potty train. This is a big deal. When I think about how easy it is to "go" in diapers, I'm a little jealous. I don't know how many times I've had to leave Walmart because I sneezed and well...you can imagine the rest. I could have finished shopping if I had been wearing a diaper! Anyway, I digress. I think part of my problem is that Aidan is turning into an independent little boy in such a short amount of time. First it's the potty, then it's off to kindergarten, then graduation, and so on.
Oh well, as for now, at least he is using the potty for something....
1 comment:
Did you see/read about Elizabeth Hasselbeck on The View???? She told a story about going somewhere and having to go all of a sudden (she's preggers w/ #2) so she peed in 2 of her daughter's diapers!!!!! OMG!!!!
Glad you're keeping up with your blog!!
Post a Comment