Friday, December 14, 2007

The Holy Grail of Christmas Cards

I have spent the past few days making myself insane. For some reason, I actually believe I can get a good picture of Aidan and Conner together under the Christmas tree ...one in which they have angelic smiles and are posed just perfectly. I guess you could say I've been on the quest for the holy grail of Christmas card pictures because I'm beginning to believe such a picture of a toddler and a baby together does not exist. Here's some of my work so far....







Notice that the good pictures are of Conner. Aidan thought it would be cute to "take a picture" of me. After his attempt at photography, he split. He wasn't sticking around regardless of all my pathetic pleas and bargains...

"Aidan, please stand next to the rocking chair and smile. Then you can have some Goldfish."
"OK, Aidan, stand next to your brother and show him the ladybug Christmas ornament. If you do that, we'll go get a happy meal."
Aidan...please, please, please, stand next to Conner just for one minute! Mommy wants a Merry Christmas picture. Then you can have all the (insert chocolate candy and forbidden foods here) you want!!!"

Didn't work. Ed said it was because he was embarrassed about the red reindeer sweater I made him wear. Hmm...Perhaps.

1 comment:

Laura said...

It is SO HARD to get two young kids to both smile at the same time, have their eyes opened, look in the right direction, keep their hands to themselves, etc.!! Thank goodness for digital cameras!! I'd hate to think how much film I would use trying to get those "perfect" pictures!!!