Good grief! It has been so long since I last blogged, and soooo much has happened. Aidan turned 2 for one thing, and I started school...again! But I think the focus of this blog will be about Conner. I get so wrapped up in the antics and utter chaos that is Aidan that I sometimes forget to write about Conner. Poor guy gets the shaft so many times and takes backseat to Aidan. Maybe it's the age that Aidan is or maybe that Conner is the second child and we've "been there, done that." For example, I gave Conner his first bite of cereal the other morning. I thought about when I gave Aidan his first cereal. Ed and I had the "stage" prepped: we had our videocamera and digital camera out ready to capture the first bite. Poor Conner...it was just Aidan and me there to cheer him on. I even forgot to get my camera out. By the way, I had some leftover cereal in my cabinet that I grabbed to mix the baby goo. Conner actually seemed to like it (Aidan hated that stuff- I think if Gerber made a macaroni and cheese flavored rice cereal he would be all about it). But Conner kept spitting up more than usual the rest of the day so I just figured he wasn't really ready to eat solids. The next morning I glanced at the top of the cereal box. It said "Better if used by Aug 6, 2006." Oops. See what I mean? Poor Conner. So with that in mind, I will let everyone in on the many wonderful things about Conner.

Ed took this picture on the left soon after Conner was born (March 27). It was crazy walking into the hospital at 10:00 am knowing I would have a baby in about 2 1/2 hours. (I had a scheduled C-section). He weighed 8 lbs and 6 oz and measure 22 inches long. We expected him to be a bigger baby than most. Aidan was 9 lbs and 6 oz when he was born. Ladies- I can hear you now...don't worry, he was a C-section too! But anyhoo, I'm rambling. Conner was a hairy baby....and I mean H-A-I-R-Y! He looked like Curious George wrapped in a receiving blanket. I half expected the Man with the Yellow Hat to come in my room, say there had been a mix up, and hand me another baby. He has since lost all that hair by the way.
Conner is a great baby. He is healthy and thriving in spite of being the recipent of Aidan's roughhousing and attempts to show "love." At his last check up, he weighed 16 lbs and was 25 inches long. He loves to laugh, smile, and talk. I love it when he laughs; his whole body shakes. He even has this face he does when he's not quite sure what's going on (as in "is Aidan going to throw that car at me?)- he frowns and raises one of his eyebrows. Yes, it's so cool that a 5 month old can do that eyebrow thing. Even so, I can tell that he loves his big brother.

3 comments:
What cutie-pies! Love the cereal story. Better check my stash before #2!! Although Miles will still eat the stuff when disguised in a big bowl of applesauce!
Lori - you are too funny! I love your writing - it's so real and sounds just like you talking! My girls are big Curious George fans, so your line about the man with the yellow hat cracked me up!!!
Yes, sometimes the second child "gets the shaft" on a few things, but they also get come things that the first child didn't have. I find myself letting Katelyn do things earlier than I let Rachel. Like I wouldn't let Rachel chew gum until just within the past year. But guess what? I let Katelyn chew gum too since Rachel was chewing gum. So being the youngest does have its perks!!!
I have one thing to say! You are an awesome MOMMY! God certainly knew what he was doing!!! We miss seeing you! Thanks for the pics. Jen
Post a Comment